Saturday 1 November 2014

Studio Kiln and Wheel

A dream came true for me in October when my studio space was enhanced suddenly.  I had mentioned to only a few people that I was looking out for an old kiln and wheel. 


A lovely neighbour spotted a newspaper ad and popped it round.  And I am now 
the proud owner of my very own kiln, wheel and pugmill. 


I went to meet the potter who was sorting out her studio. Ann is an amazing lady in her 80's, living in a beautiful gatehouse on the other side of the County. The house is surrounded by the most amazingly planted gardens. 

I am about to have the kiln serviced and fixed ready for firing the ceramics I dream of making.


The 300kg kiln travelled across the County to its new home in our conservatory and up those steps. 













No comments:

Post a Comment